Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My new best friend

Hi everyone, let me introduce you to my new best friend. Her name is Vicodine. She's so important to me that sometimes I've felt that I couldn't live without her.

Heh.

No, I'm not a druggie, just a poor woman recovering from two VERY painful rootcanal procedures. For the most part, I have healthy teeth, teeth that have never required any dentistry for 26years. But the last one year has seen me extracting two impacted wisdom teeth, treating a dry socket and getting two root canals. And where does all this take place? Is it in India where I have my own dear dentist cousin who would do all this for free? Or is it in the US where dentistry is most expensive? Its so freaking expensive!! Thank God for company provided dental insurance; but the copay is still a bitch. I don't know which is more painful - the dentist drilling my head or watching my husband paying the copay. :-)

Don't underestimate my capability to withstand pain, I've had my both knee caps dislocated 5 times, 2 ankle fractures, 1 wrist fracture. And more minor accidents than I can even remember. The most pain I've ever endured has got to be when I dislocated my knee cap and then walked 2 miles home because the bloody auto guy decided to quote more seeing my limp. This was Kormangala, Bangalore where it's generally accepted that auto drivers are Satan's children. No really!

0 comments: