This is a tried & tested recipe dreamed up by yours truly.
You will need
- 1 packet rice noodles
- yellow onion chopped - 1 cup
- garlic - 4 cloves
- chicken broth - 1 cup
- white wine - 1 tbsp (optional)
- chopped mushrooms - 1 cup
- Prawns, thoroughly cleaned & deveined - 10
- chopped chicken - 1 cup
- scrambled egg - 2
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Tumeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- chopped spring onions - 1/2 cup
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Cook the noodles in boiling water. Make sure that it does not overcook. My recommendation is to cook it to about 80%. Drain the water. Pour 1 tsp olive oil into the noodles & mix well. This is so that the noodles don’t stick together.
- Cook the chopped chicken in a saucepan adding the turmeric, coriander & pepper powders. After it is cooked well, keep aside.
- Pour the olive oil into a saucepan. Sauté the chopped onions and garlic for 5 mins.
- Add the chopped spring onions and sauté for 1 mins.
- Now add the mushrooms & cook it thoroughly (about 15mins). Now add the chicken broth & reduce for 5 mins. Then add the prawns. Cook for about 3 mins, if you're using white prawns, it will have turned pink in color (be sure NOT to overcook, prawns will taste like rubber if it’s overcooked :-)).
- Add the cooked chicken & mix well. Pour the white wine & cook for 1 min so that the alcohol can evaporate. (Yeah, we don’t need the alcohol only the flavor)
- Now mix it with the noodles, add some soysauce & top it with the scrambled eggs. Cook till the noodles are done, & your dish is ready.
You can add vegetables also; capsicum, carrots, peas, I think they would go well with this dish.